The Forest is a short story set in the popular world of Dragonlance. What happens when a lone elf maiden finds herself lost in the forest around Daggard Keep?
This story was written as I walked to a friend’s house one night – in very similar weather conditions. I was avidly reading the Dragonlance novels at the time and the concept popped to mind. Surprisingly for as much as I love things geek now, I barely read any books in the field until 6th grade. That is probably why my head (and some of my writing) was playing catch-up with ideas and reading – as I had not been exposed to much prior. This story also represents my first attempt at fanfic (albeit very short). My only other one was based in the universe of the movie Aliens.
Length: 1 page
Genre: Fantasy Creation/Publication: 1990
The story can be read here: The Forest
If you’re interested in additional stories, check out the My Writing section for more reading options!
A few items to note when reading these stories:
- Please enjoy them and feel free to let me know your thoughts. A writer always appreciates feedback when attempting to grow their craft.
- Many of them remain unedited since their original creation date and contain misspellings, improper grammar and made up words. These are in here for flavor and as a time stamp to reflect my age when they were created.
- Over time, I hope to include “Directors Commentary” in all of my stories. Hopefully this adds some flavor and context for the creative process and my thinking as these stories were created.
- These are being shared for the benefit of the community and ask for respect to all who read, share, and comment on the material within.
- All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part without express written permission. Contact email@example.com if interested.