Heirlooms is a short glimpse into the life of a daughter as she visits the decaying home of her youth.
The plan for this story was originally longer and larger, jumping back and forth through time and seeing different POVs. By the time I reached the end of page 1 I found that I was not really interested in the characters or the story that I was telling. I struggle with fiction stories and found this one, in my head, heading down a boring character study avenue.
Length: 1 page
The story can be read here: Heirlooms
If you’re interested in additional stories, check out the My Writing section for more reading options!
A few items to note when reading these stories:
- Please enjoy them and feel free to let me know your thoughts. A writer always appreciates feedback when attempting to grow their craft.
- Many of them remain unedited since their original creation date and contain misspellings, improper grammar and made up words. These are in here for flavor and as a time stamp to reflect my age when they were created.
- Over time, I hope to include “Directors Commentary” in all of my stories. Hopefully this adds some flavor and context for the creative process and my thinking as these stories were created.
- These are being shared for the benefit of the community and ask for respect to all who read, share, and comment on the material within.
- All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part without express written permission. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.