Table Top – Dell’s New 18″ Tablet – The Future of Board Games?

Ever since my agency began receiving Surface tables years ago and I started to see what the original Surface tables could do for board gaming – I was excited for the future.

Then when I saw this video of Settlers of Catan being played on a Surface table I saw the theoretical becoming the reality.

Yet the cost for the hardware and the software that was being developed for it eventually ruined what seemed like such an awesome idea.

And it looks like the idea of possible large-scale board gaming digital devices might be coming back. The iPad has been great for only a handful of games (Smallworld shows some awesome potential) but the leap hasn’t really happened.

As much as I love my board games and all the pieces that come with it, that tactile feel, the space I have to allocate is enormous. I’m always that guy who shows up to a party with a bag full of board games which has to take into consideration what the crowd will play, how many people, and how much time – not to mention the size of the game being carried. The prospect of having some games that can be transported and played easily on a device like this seems incredibly exciting.

For now…I will just dream!

Will Dell’s secret 18-inch tablet herald the rise of the Super Tablet? | Digital Trends.

Advertisements

176 thoughts on “Table Top – Dell’s New 18″ Tablet – The Future of Board Games?

1. www.lintas.me says:

Game camera is especially useful for those who love
    chasing and tracking wildlife. In one of his greatest successes,
    Les Biches, Chabrol exposes an intense psychological struggle between two
    women lovers and the man who comes between them.

Black – Berry Bold 9780 ini memiliki beberapa spesifikasi
    yang sengaja diperbaharui oleh RIM untuk meningkatkan kinerja
    smartphone ini.

2. storage moving companies in mooresville nc says:

Firstly, it is important to check all of your foodstuffs for
    traces of the insect. While Naphtha is not commonly discussed, it is a great alternative to butane and propane.

Moving interstate will cause you some stress although it will
    also be exciting. In fact, all such equity release calculator
    is very useful for the senior citizens as these help them in understanding
    all about the equity release UK schemes. Another point to be considered here is that the local businesses know the target customers better than multi
    national companies, as they have their roots here in this county
    of Florida and thereby know the people and the tourists
    of this place better. The word stiletto, stilus in latin, is Italian in nature,
    and it means “any pointed instrument” or “stake”. What users
    are, can not live without the NAS, when they have experienced the flexibility
    and usability of NAS finally give them. Professional call
    answering services enable offices everywhere to take advantage of the latest
    technology while maintaining a professional image.
    Almost all packers movers Delhi based companies are insured.

It’s much easier to raise a family if you still have some disposable income
    after you’ve paid your mortgage.

3. dock box npcc netzero says:

Artificial baits include spoons, jigs, ribbon baits, rattler baits & streamer baits.
    Methods for baiting a hook – Step 5: Use them for fishing.
    Revealed in my unique readymade bait and homemade bait carp and catfish bait secrets ebooks is far more powerful
    information look up my unique website (Baitbigfish) and see
    my biography below for details of my ebooks deals
    right now.

4. venus factor does it work says:

Heya are using WordPress for your blog platform? I’m new to the
    blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up
    my own. Do you need any html coding knowledge to
    make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

5. marine refrigerator latch says:

There aren’t too many ocean two person sit in fishing kayaks
    out on the market. Velocity boaters like finding around at
    a quickly pace even though most fishermen want a boat to get to the fish so they usually shift at
    a slower pace. If you do, and if you eat fish every night,
    keep what you need to sustain them.

6. the hills says:

Rather, this is to make you more aware of what you are facing and becoming more aware means you may also become
    more comfortable with them before undergoing the procedure.
    She left the doctors at the second hospital mystified as well.
    Also people who are involved in entertainment industry are often required to keep themselves look younger and attractive since
    it.

7. Porsche 911 Turbo rental says:

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this site.
    I really hope to see the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to
    get my own blog now 😉

8. nose job korea price says:

This type of surgeon would be great if you are looking to have a nose assignment.
    Now I know that she has mentioned potential cosmetic surgery for her nose earlier, but this hit me tremendously hard.
    Just as in any field, including medicine, there are groups and people that provide low cost, operations for large volume client bases
    on low budgets and higher cost operations to superstar medical personalities willing to pay astronomical
    prices.

9. http://support.nyssacreative.co.uk/ says:

This design is incredible! Youu definitely know how to
    keep a reader amused. Between your wit and youur videos, I was almosst moved to start my own blg (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.
    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

10. Lida says:

So do things like LinkedIn and Tumblr now count for search engine optimisation? I heard
    they do after the latest Google algorithm refresh
    Added a link on my Facebook, hope thats okay!

11. hcg weight loss dr oz says:

The HCG diet is considered the latest strategy to drop weight
    incredibly quickly yet still be in a position to eat. You also not need to worry about keeping these HCG Pellets into the right kind of
    environment unlike most of the other HCG drops that either needs to be frozen or kept at room temperature.

Using the hype around the HCG diet lots of people
    are searching to buy HCG even so you have to also keep in mind that in addition to your HCG drops you will need to also diligently follow
    a superb calorie intake and hence should
    have a good set of HCG diet reipes.

12. deck ideas plans says:

It is a very strong line, but it is also very sensitive, making it a great line when fishing for trout.
    After users select their avatar they’re transported into their apartment.
    A camera and photo album are another way for a family to
    record their boating trips.

13. Elsie says:

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blokg with my
    facebook group? There’s a lot oof people that I think wouldd really enjoy
    your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

14. hair loss no More pdf download says:

I’ve been browsing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It is pretty value enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners andd bloggers made excellent content as you did,
    the web will probably be much more useful than ever before.

15. nose Job ethnic says:

However, when choosing a plastic surgeon some things are to be kept in mind.
    Though plastic surgery gives results quicker than other
    means but you need to have patience. Some proper money movement and a breakaway from the Dolphins could land the tackle in an offense far better
    suited for his talents.