Table Top – Dell’s New 18″ Tablet – The Future of Board Games?

Ever since my agency began receiving Surface tables years ago and I started to see what the original Surface tables could do for board gaming – I was excited for the future.

Then when I saw this video of Settlers of Catan being played on a Surface table I saw the theoretical becoming the reality.

Yet the cost for the hardware and the software that was being developed for it eventually ruined what seemed like such an awesome idea.

And it looks like the idea of possible large-scale board gaming digital devices might be coming back. The iPad has been great for only a handful of games (Smallworld shows some awesome potential) but the leap hasn’t really happened.

As much as I love my board games and all the pieces that come with it, that tactile feel, the space I have to allocate is enormous. I’m always that guy who shows up to a party with a bag full of board games which has to take into consideration what the crowd will play, how many people, and how much time – not to mention the size of the game being carried. The prospect of having some games that can be transported and played easily on a device like this seems incredibly exciting.

For now…I will just dream!

Will Dell’s secret 18-inch tablet herald the rise of the Super Tablet? | Digital Trends.

Advertisements

176 thoughts on “Table Top – Dell’s New 18″ Tablet – The Future of Board Games?

1. Ulrich says:

Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting
    a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to
    work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

2. Baratza Encore says:

naturally like your web site however you need to check the spelling on quite a few of
    your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems
    and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the reality
    then again I will definitely come back again.

3. www.multidox.com says:

Now the Stock Value so that we can talk about here. Although fiscal shady
    car loans creditors do exist, a lot of investors follow those principles.
    If you read the detail you’re getting into something deep
    and important abouht the way everything worfks and so I don’t think I even need a car.
    It’s not actually recorded,it’s a private fiscal corporation. I only have one, two, and
    the answer is price movement. You are going to be a rocket engineer just to pick uup innovative market information from such patterns.

4. buffalo billiards austin says:

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a
    quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your
    blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums
    that go over the same subjects? Many thanks!

5. seal beach pier says:

We offer a whole range of SEO Services in Singapore. You need to know
    which ones can rank, and what the competition is like for each one.
    Why would you entrust them with a matter as sensitive as SEO for your website.

6. boca raton internet marketing says:

Regardless of your industry and business size,
    Facebook and Google+ are two of the Big Four social platforms that you
    can’t afford to ignore. Using blogs, community sites like Linked –
    In, Facebook, Flicker and You – Tube, video sharing sites
    and many more can benefit you in numerous ways. Everyone is aware about e-mail marketing in the present
    day.

7. hcg weight Loss plateau says:

Although HCG is only produced by females, HCG is an effective way to drop excess excess weight for the
    two genders. Failure to Diagnose an Ectopic Pregnancy – Is This Medical Negligence.
    The HCG diet uses h – CG drops, combined with a very low calorie diet for weight loss.

8. Golden State dui says:

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I
    have discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads.
    I hope to give a contribution & assist different customers like its aided me.

Good job.

9. Dr Peter Osborne Reviews says:

In this disease actually, fat content of the food is not absorbed thus causing malabsorption of fat soluble vitamins also.
    Her scheme worked for it is said that Marc Antony fell madly in love with her.
    Cool the baking sheet for 5 minutes before adding more cookies to it.

10. moving companies reviews cross country says:

Your personal safety, as well as that of your belongings, is something to
    take into consideration when moving yourself. You have to closely examine the area where you’re going to move to.
    Since First Call Movers have been local movers, long distance movers and have carried out moving assignments for government agencies, retail companies yet others,
    they certainly know a thing much more about moving.

11. midwifery Greenville says:

Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up
    and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading
    properly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

12. 24 hour ac repair Telford says:

Thank you for any other excellent post. Where else could anybody get that kind of info in such a perfect means
    of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am at
    the search for such information.

13. performance bond companies says:

This is really attention-grabbing, You’re an overly
    professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward
    to searching for more of your wonderful post.

Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

14. moving and storage jobs texas says:

You will have to pay to have the utilities
    turned on, buy groceries, stock up on cleaning supplies and
    re-key the locks. When you need to move a business from one state
    to another, you will most likely need to go for
    the option of choosing from a list of different interstate moving companies and hiring the services of one.
    So pick Melbourne movers company that has a physical office with telephone line.

15. mystic spray tan facts says:

The results in the image below were achieved by setting the Strength at 10 and
    clicking twice. You can keep your spray tan longer by using products that will
    not only preserve its color but also enhances it.
    My personal preference having used both mediums is the lotion, or the
    sunless tanner spray, sprayed on and then rubbed in.

16. errantestwd.blogspot.de says:

It was about five hundred.00 and thought it was the dumbest transfer
    ever. Low and behold, right at the finish, just right prior to the initial
    swallow although, I feeling it. Better to trade thoughts and settle issues now.

17. autoflower semena says:

hi, Moc se mi líbí váš text velmi mnohem! Podíl komunikace další
    o tvoje příspěvek na AOL? I požadují specialista na tomto oblasti vyřešit můj problém.
    Možná , že je vy! Hledám vpřed vypadat
    vás.

18. semillas de autoflorecientes says:

I used to be suggested this blog by means of my cousin. I’m no longer
    certain whether or not this put up is written by way of him as no one else understand such targeted approximately my difficulty.
    You’re incredible! Thanks!

19. http://ps3.dms-hp.de says:

You can download these types of Images to put as
    desktop computer background. You are watching the particular Romantic Stage scenery Wallpapersin the category of
    Scenery Wallpapers collection.

20. norvell spray Tan Solution says:

So before you head straight to a Manchester salon you may want to see whether the staff employed there have the
    correct qualifications and public liability insurance.
    If you are not a person who enjoys going to the beach for
    tanning, then such products may just be what you need.

“The Blacklist” also stars Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and
    Ilfenesh Hadera.

21. best hcg drops nz says:

This is when I ran across the name of Kevin Trudeau linked intimately with HCG diet info.
    Products that contain other yeasts can also be
    included in the diet as they will help to contain candida yeast.
    Whole and raw fruits, grains, and vegetables are excellent sources of excellent nutrition and are great for losing weight.

22. Fumigation Cost Courtenay says:

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this
    website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz reply as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got
    this from. thanks

23. boca raton Cpat test Review says:

Take for instance a company that for the current period has more outstanding
    payables than they do receivables. But there is an exception if
    the caregiver is your parent. I decided to use their OIC service to lower my tax bill.

24. Blocked toilet pompano beach hotels says:

Not to mention a job in the trades is much more interesting than filling the coffee maker at the
    7-11. So you can see the importance of checking to see if your plumber is licensed.
    Put the plunger as far into the toilet as you can and push it up
    and down repeatedly.

25. best Vitamins for hair growth For men says:

The basis for a diagnosis will start with a thorough examination by
    your veterinarian. main light based permanent hair removal technique for men. Refrain or limit the amount of heat applied to
    your hair through the use of blow dryers, curling irons, straighteners,
    etc.

26. gefeminiseerde wiet zaden says:

Howdy gebruiken WordPress voor uw blog platform? Ik ben nieuw in de blog wereld, maar ik probeer
    om te beginnen en opzetten mijn eigen. Heeft u vereisen HTML-codering deskundigheid om je eigen blog te maken? Alle hulp zou zeer echt gewaardeerd!

Whats up erg leuk website! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. ik
    website en neem de feeds ook? ik ben tevreden te vinden zoveel nuttig info hier inn de publiceren, we willen ontwikkelen extra strategieën in deze verband dank u voor
    heet delen. . . . . .

27. 111.223.243.66 says:

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
    could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

28. ug-4Y.com says:

Now if name is the start address of the
    node, and now using this information in the form of Gothic pointed abc arches.
    The article” Static” that iis the upper bound is greater than B then usage of spanned records is
    compulsory. This variable is basically abc a pointer pointing to this
    last node storing the address of p1.

29. Delia says:

Concentreaza-te pe cont propriu independență și siguranță de sine .
    Ofera ceea ce – esti ca rezultat tipul de activitate sexuala care le doriti
    ? Washington poate fi , de asemenea, ocolit , dar este ,
    în general , mai sus față despre BS -l feluri de mâncare .

30. Rebecca says:

Trying out other types of hair extensions like
    Pre Bonded Hair Extensions, Hair weave or Heat Seal Extensions also gives you and your hair a better twist
    overall. As well as being quick and easy to wear, these hair
    extensions Sydney are cheaper too compared to salon-made hair extensions.
    The next thing to do is to get yourself a good clarifying shampoo and
    clean your hair thoroughly on the day of the appointment with
    the stylist.